Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in or review all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Participate with team of technical staff and business managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in large/complex development project.
- Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements.
- Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
- Develop test protocols or plan for testing revised application and review test results.
- Serve as project lead or lead technical staff in course of application development project
- May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of our infrastructure on Amazon Web Services
- Work closely with our architects and engineers to recommend and design database or data storage solutions that effectively reflect our business needs, security, and service level requirements
- Work with application and architecture teams to conduct POC and implement the design in production environment in AWS
- Migrate existing databases from on premise to AWS using various tools including but not limited to AWS Data Migration Services and AWS Schema Conversion Tool.
- Support production issues and troubleshooting for both on premise DBs as well as AWS RDS.
- Experience designing and building application/DB on AWS
- Advanced hands on experience with Oracle and Postgres database administration Advanced knowledge of various AWS services such as VPC, EC2, ELB, RDS, Redshift, Dynamo DB, Route53, S3, EMR & IAM
- Infrastructure automation through scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Java, JSON).
- Hands on experiences in Cloud Formation and Lambda
- AWS Associate Level Certification required
- A team player capable of high performance and flexibility in a dynamic working environment
- Written and oral communication skills – ability to communicate technical concepts and support assertions with data
- Organizational skills – ability to coordinate and prioritize many issues simultaneously in a very fast pace environment
- Analytical/Problem solving ability – ability to quickly evaluate an issue, resolve it or implement a Take ownership and act with high Sense of Urgency – this job requires the individual to work like an entrepreneur, self-motivated and self-starter.
- AWS Professional Level Certification a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.