- Participate with team of technical staff and business managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in large/complex development project.
- Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements.
- Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
- Develop test protocols or plan for testing revised application and review test results.
- Serve as project lead or lead technical staff in course of application development project
- May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- 6+ years of hands on experience and strong and deep knowledge of Java application development
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data. MapReduce experience is a huge plus.
- Experience building and coding applications leveraging Hadoop Components: HDFS, HBase, Hive, Sqoop, Kafka, Storm, etc.
- Experience coding in more than one of the following: Java, MapReduce, Python, Pig Programming, Hadoop Streaming, HiveQL
- Experience developing RESTful Web Services
- Agile/scrum experience
- Experience leading and managing large scale, complex applications with high performance needs
- Vendor management experience leveraging staff augmentation and/or outcome based project delivery models; statement of work planning and incremental demand forecasting
- Experience managing on-site and off-site staff and demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence others to ensure timely and effective completion of project tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.