Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
DevOps Engineer II will coordinate and manage the entrance of new hardware and software into the IT computing environment and define the process for release package assembly, version control, migration control, release preparation and acceptance, communication and installation
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Independently plans and delivers specific functionality within their expertise.
- Presents and or defends the work to the team or other organizations. Has defined specialties in primary areas of responsibility
- Collaborates using open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Develop sound version control best practices based CM systems (Clearcase, SVN, GIT , etc.), including branching and merging strategies
- Perform configuration management for all different applications running on all environments and manage the production release process that ensures the reliability and availability of the platform
- Maintain up to date and relevant play books and documentation in support of the different platforms/programs
- Contribute in developing best practices for infrastructure as code (eg : Puppet, Shell scripting), software build tools (Maven, ANT, Shell ) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Hudson), and infrastructure automation (VM Ware, Puppet, Chef, etc)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Expertise in Web 2.0, SOA and Cloud architecture and technologies
- Experience with VMware virtualization and AWS
- Proficient in CI/CD practices and tools - SVN/Git, Jenkins, Maven/Graddle, Nexus or similar
- Expertise in configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Proficient in Unix/Linux, shell scripting and system administration
- Proficient in infrastructure provisioning, monitoring and performance management
- Proficient in Oracle RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Experience working in a fast paced agile development environment
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.