Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Plan and design methods for the optimization and integration of various forms of technology systems or policies and high level principals. Apply varied engineering and design theories to produce robust, integrated functioning of various systems, technology interfaces, and/or overarching information policies and high level principles. Assess functioning of overall technology and communications systems and end-to-end processes and to look for ways to upgrade and optimize systems and processes in the future. Work across the architecture and technology organization to ensure effective implementation, architecture compliance and conflict resolution. May participate in projects to upgrade or install workstations, networks, or software, or to assess and optimize overall functioning of technology, data and processes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- May serve as lead or technical expert to define and maintain the architectural frameworks/patterns, processes, standards and guidelines related to systems, business or data architecture.
- Define core and support technology, data entities, business functions and/or subject areas that transcend organizational and functional boundaries.
- Provide technical and architectural subject matter expertise to the various development teams including communicating architectural decisions and mentoring other technical staff around the various development technologies and decisions.
- Identify core common data shared across the enterprise and participate in enterprise wide efforts to reach common understanding of those data.
- May serve as lead, technical expert or project manager to team(s) concerned with development, networking and/or project management to coordinate changes and support enterprise technology initiatives.
- Conduct studies of new technologies to provide more efficient and cost effective architecture solutions
- Oversee multiple projects in order to preserve the architectural vision and protect stakeholder interests as well as to meeet operational and financial reporting requirements
- Confer with business units and application development staff to understand both the business and technical requirements and to define architectural constraints
- Create performance metrics and traceability maps to determine the effectiveness of architecture solutions and facilitate governance. Keep abreast of relevant architecture best practices.
- May review work of other team members and mentor junior architects
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Proven expertise in mitigating and understanding threat vectors including actor behavior, DDoS, Phishing, Malicious Payload, Cloud, Mobile Devices, etc. Understand the cyber threat landscape
- Strong experience with IPS, DLP, Firewalls, SIEM, and security assessment tools/methodology (network, systems, and application) Proven expertise in building a defense in depth infrastructure security architecture that includes security controls across multiple technology stack. Ability to champion both conventional and non-conventional methods to protecting an enterprise at scale
- Strong knowledge in host based security solutions such as HIPS, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), end point protection, and application whitelisting
- Strong knowledge of networking, Unix/Linux, NAS/SAN, virtualization, authentication, cryptography. Must be fully conversant up and down the technology stack
- Must have knowledge and understanding of scripting and secure configurations for mainstream operating systems (*nix, Windows, etc.)
- Architecture and solution design experience required to develop infrastructure based detailed design specifications
- Strong knowledge in enterprise logging and monitoring solutions including monitoring privilege user accounts and sensitive configuration files
- Good understanding of compliance frameworks such as ISO 27001/27002, NIST, PCI, SOX, FISMA, and others
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management, Cloud, and PKI/Certificate Services a plus
- Message driven architecture experience/exposure
- Experience in various patterns of enterprise architecture and best practices, to include data masking, encryption, logging, etc.
Core Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in an environment using agile methodology
- Experience not with just pure design, but experience in the actual delivery of projects
- Process analysis and systematic thinking
- Ability to manage resources, coordinate and administer team assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules
- Ability to manage large, cross-divisional Program activities in a complex environment and drive results
- Ability to operate at strategic and tactical levels
- Knowledge and/or experience relating to Outsourcing/Managed Service Provider governance, transition, contract management and performance management
- Experience driving organizational change
- Experience working in a matrixed team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Client/Customer Service Delivery Experience
- Experience researching and evaluating available technologies and standards to meet requirements
- Thrives in a highly regulated, fast paced, and changing environment
- Prior experience in financial services a plus
- IT Security certifications a plus; CISSP, CCNA, CISA, or GIAC equivalent
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.