Overview: Mentoring Program
Our mission is to fill the executive pipeline with the next generation of African-American executives through the Executive Protégé Program (EPP). The EPP provides the mentoring and networking that mid-level IT managers need to advance their IT careers to the senior and C-level. It is the only national mentoring program focused on cultivating executive talent among African-American IT professionals.
A one-on-one relationship focused on advancing you to a senior position
The EPP pairs senior executive mentors and IT professionals in a structured, collaborative, one-on-one relationship that focuses on developing leadership skills. In this program you will learn the behaviors, skills and leadership qualities needed to advance to a senior position.
The EPP Offers...
- Exposure and interaction with high-level IT executives
- Training and development of leadership skills through assessments and workshops
- A confidential relationship with a senior-level mentor
- Guidance on career-related issues which are unique to African-Americans in leadership
- An opportunity to elevate leadership skills through insightful executive coaching
The Qualified Protégé
For eligibility in the Executive Protégé Program you must:
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Have achieved the level of first line manager in your current position (minimum requirement)
- Commit to completing the 12 month program
- Obtain a recommendation from an ITSMF member, ITSMF corporate partner or protégé́
- Gain sponsorship and support from a senior-level company manager for the duration of the program
- Be recognized as a high potential employee and promotable to at least two levels above your
- Pay the EPP program fee
Founder and Chairman Emeritus
"You can have all the technical knowledge in the world, but if you cannot articulate problems and solutions in business terms, you are not going to make the trip to the senior level, where advancement becomes more cultural and social."