Do you think about writing beautiful code while eating breakfast? Do you build applications you are proud of and want to tell your friends about? Do you get excited scaling web and mobile applications to millions of users? Do you appreciate elegant solutions but also know when to build simple first and iterate?
Capital One is seeking a Director of Software Engineering to lead, manage, mentor, and build an extremely talented software engineering team to deliver a game changing customer experience across all customer touch points. He/She must have the ability to attract and recruit the industry’s best talent, and simultaneously have the technical chops to ensure that what we build compelling, customer oriented solutions in an iterative methodology. Success in the role requires an innovative mind, a proven track record of delivering new consumer-facing software products, rigorous analytical skills, and a passion for creating market-leading software for millions of customers.
- Manage application/software development to deliver technology prototypes in support of business assessment
- Manage a broad portfolio of diverse technology projects to provide web, mobile, and integration solutions
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best application engineering talent
- Manage technology support teams to develop business applications, or ensure business applications have high availability and adequate performance, to include demonstrating year-over-year performance improvement
- Build technical credibility with the broader engineering org and recruit top engineers
- Build products that are accessible to everyone, including those with disabilities
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years leading software engineering teams
- At least 5 years experience with object-oriented programming and design, including Java
- At least 5 years experience in developing web applications, architectural standards and SOA technologies
- At least 5 years experience using the following: Java, Ruby, Python, Scala, HTML5, LAMP STACK, and web development technologies
- Masters Degree
- 7+ years experience in agile development and methodologies
- 5+ years experience building consumer-facing web and mobile software solutions at scale
- 5+ years experience with rapid prototyping and interface design testing
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.