To be a great technology-driven company, Capital One is committed to providing outstanding products and experiences for our customers. That means using the latest technology to build and deploy applications to power our businesses across both external and internal users.
If you’re looking for a career opportunity involving modern technologies and cloud scale computing, while using your strong technical, analytical and leadership skills to make an impact then you’re in luck!
Capital One is hiring Software Architects to join our incredible team of talented technologists. The Capital One architecture team provides technology solutions that span the enterprise and are used across multiple Capital One lines of business and by large groups of our internal workforce. In this role, you will provide technical leadership for designing and implementing critical components of our strategies that enable both Capital One consumers and our internal workforce. You will have the opportunity to work in a variety of areas affecting many facets of our business and on solutions that impact the entire enterprise.
If this sounds like the right challenge for you, apply immediately to be considered!
- Perform hands-on architecture and solution design for software applications used by Capital One’s millions of customers and thousands of internal workforce users at scale on public cloud infrastructure
- Define and drive the evolution of our world-class digital experimentation platform to help increase the value of Capital One’s products for our customers
- Explore novel technical solutions for expanding our reach through live experiments on our web and mobile properties
- Provide technical leadership to the design, development, testing and implementation of solutions to crucial business problems through thoughtful use of modern technology
- Prepare and present potential technical solutions and advise business and product owners on the technical and business value of proposals, including appropriate tradeoffs, risks and opportunities
- Guide development teams towards performant and secure application architectures
- Collaborate with development teams to create proofs of concept implementations of architecturally significant features
- Influence decision making by leaders across Technology and Product organizations to maximize long-term investment
- Work with software engineers, product owners and subject matter experts to understand complex technological and business environments and produce integrated end-to-end solution options
- Build and maintain relationships with executives, technical leaders, product owners, architects and other stakeholders to influence investment that reuse shared capabilities and apply defined patterns across teams
- Actively develop and maintain expertise on cutting edge technology, standards, protocols and tools in areas relevant to the rapidly changing environment at Capital One
- Communicate and drive highly complex technology solutions to broad audiences including executives, business leaders, product managers, legal experts, security specialists and software engineers
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 8 years of experience in full life-cycle Software Engineering
- At least 3 years of experience in a Software or Solutions Architect capacity
- At least 3 years of experience in designing and developing customer-facing, cloud-native applications
- At least 2 years of experience working with digital experimentation, A/B testing and Canary testing technologies
- At least 5 years of experience developing in a modern software language (Java, NodeJS, Python or Go)
- Master’s Degree in a technical or engineering discipline
- At least 3 years of experience with Information Security at the policy, architecture or implementation level